Hello! My name is Nicole Ayres and I am excited to be able to introduce myself. I am a currently enrolled at Rhode Island College as a secondary education major with a concentration in history. My hands are what you would consider "full". In addition to my studies (and most importantly), I am a mom to a toddler named Luna (yes, like from Harry Potter), a mutt named Barley, and two hairless cats (Kreacher and Gollum). We have fun at my house :)
My summer was spent mostly at the beach and bringing Luna to all the fun places she was too small and newborn-ish to go to last year.
I work part time at Flatbread Company (the best pizza place EVER). Prior to having Luna I worked there full time as a manager, but decided to go back part time after having her. I have worked with the company for about 6 years and my husband and I met there. He currently manages the kitchen and we have a great time collabing with local farmers and brewers. To say that pizza is a part of our life is a little bit of an understatement. My daughter will probably be able to hand stretch a dough by the time shes two.
Im looking forward to all this class has to offer and getting to know a little more about teaching through the service learning project. Thanks!



No comments:
Post a Comment